Deltec Kalk Stirrer KM500
$617.70 incl GST
The KM500 is the standard stirrer suitable for tanks up to 1500 litres and will produce up to 5 litres of kalkwasser per hour.
L 150mm W 150mm H 480mm.
7.5 V, 3 watts consumption.
Suitable for aquariums up to 1500 liters.
Deltec Kalk Stirrer KM500S
$1,170.50 incl GST
The KM500S is a stirrer suitable for larger tanks up to 6700 liters and will produce up to 10 liters of kalkwasser per hour.
L 220mm W 220mm H 480mm. 7.5V, 3 watts consumption.
Suitable for aquariums up to 6700 liters
Kalkwasser - Translates from the German for limewater and is a solution made by dissolving Calcium Hydroxide in water. The resultant fresh solution is alkaline with a pH of 12.4 and contains a ready supply of both Calcium ions and Carbonate ions.
The solution reacts readily with CO2 in the atmosphere to form calcium carbonate and so it must be made in a relatively air tight environment which is where the kalkwasser stirrer comes in to play.
- Can be stood on the outside of the aquarium or sump.
- Must gravity feed back into the water supply.
- Feed with RO water from a reservoir or direct from the RO unit.
- Use in conjunction with a top up system.
- Supplied with 500ml tub of Kalkwasser Powder.